Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Writing Room

There is a room to which I go when strick-
en by the muse. A quiet room with chair
and desk, my journal and a pen to write.

There is a fire and blankets for their warmth,
And windows on the ever changing world,
And solitude in which I may reflect

Upon the roiling static that occludes 
My senses as I struggle through the day, 
Oblivious to others as they are.

Alone? Not so, for in my journal comes
To life the others that I have perceived,
Though dimly, through the static of the world.

Reflection lets the tangled threads unwind.
I see and hear and feel you from afar.

I write with hope my words will make the trip
To you when you are in this room.

And so we share this place of solitude,
For now the world - our fears,  allow naught else.

Perhaps, some day when fears are set aside
This room will grow into the world.
The roiling static slowly fades away
Revealing chairs for two.

No comments:

Post a Comment