Saturday, November 5, 2016

dwindle

every goddess that I see
carves out a little piece of me
though who she is may not be clear
my heart imagines that she's dear
and would should caper hit the mark
offer up some bit of spark

to such a gray and tattered fool

sometimes If favored with a smile
some hope emerges for a while
only to turn to bittersweet
when my attentions force retreat
and in those eyes clouded with fear
reflections of this fool appear

my truth baldly revealed

mostly I continue on
a little more of me then gone
to dreams and wishes unfulfilled
while in it's place darkness instilled

but then a twinkle in my eye
completed with a smile that's wry
considering my complement
the company found where he went
and what they're all up to

clearly I must ... find portal through
perhaps the goddesses I view ...

© 2016 Frederick Andrew ~ All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment