Friday, July 21, 2017

hell(p) desk supplicant

I come to you with hat in hand
as you have knowledge, I understand
which may relieve a nagging pain
that’s strong and sharp and in my brain

I think it comes from our friend Bill
who set us on this path we till
so many years ago
when once at Xerox on a screen
he spied a cursor move it seemed
as if in search of cheese

I am a rat inside his maze
with walls that move within the haze
between the objects libraried
in seemingly obtuse series
and yes I guess one might suppose
viewed not through Gates only windows

I do know what advice will come
now that the ritual has begun
you'll tell me turn it off then on
and though my problem won't be gone
our dance will render me serene
lulled by familiar sight and scene

I come
I think
I am
I do
whatever code I'm tethered to

© 2017 Frederick Andrew ~ All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment