Sunday, December 15, 2013

BAH. HUMBUG. not quite.

The impending holidays have had me a little blocked.....
This isn't my best, but it expresses some of the frustration I feel at this time of year.
If I offend my apologies....

Each sensation crowding in
The sounds, the smells, the sights.
A technicolor layer cake
More than a tad too bright.

The tree and decorations.
The cards the snow and fire
To sap my concentration
These and more conspire.

The holidays are wonderful
Festivities are grand
But they bring their own brand of stress
That gets way out of hand.

We all have expectations
We think we must fulfill
And come hell or high water
We'll fight to top that hill!

Wait.
Breathe.
Again.

This frantic quest
To get it right
Despite the competition.
That very word, is at odds with
The spirit of the tradition.

Peace. On earth.
Goodwill. Toward men.
Not stress and competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment