Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Barbershop Reveries

April 9th challenge

sitting in the barbershop
waiting for my turn
to get a little off the top
conformance reaffirm.

caught in silent reverie
of infinite reflection,
opposing mirrors forming
an eternal corridor.

as I traverse that corridor
a vague sense of unease
blossoms into torschlusspanik
full blown. Weakened knees

threaten to negate my progress
while the portals close
leaving me in limbo
ever farther from my goals.

like the submariner in a
stricken boat below
watertight compartment flooding
through the hatch helps comrades go

last man left he sees the hatch close
watches as the dogs are set.
in his heart grim recognition
water swirls about his chest

the barber calls me to the chair
and breaks the reverie
asking if I'd like the standard trim

still shaken from my vision
beads of sweat upon my brow
let's change it up and take it to bare skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment