Sunday, April 20, 2014

Three Touchstones

April 20th challenge

The morning ritual, in part, involves my coffee mug.
Especially on winter days it helps ward off a chill.
My hands, you see, last half of fall through early part of spring
are blocks of ice
just ask my wife
and so my morning prayer.

My pen and journal count as one, apart they're incomplete.
For observations, bits of verse, and lists of things to do
the tactile act of written note has magic properties
It pantographs
upon my brain
in triplicate, you see.

Finally my walking shoes, here pictured nearly new.
You wouldn't recognize them now, so scuffed and soles worn through.
They cost a pretty penny which I almost didn't pay
but comfy feet
cannot be beat
for getting through the day.

So now I've shared three touchstones
from my daily carousel.
Little things that counteract the spin.
If they can help you tame your rollercoaster loop de loop,
you are welcome, grab a mug and jump right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment