Monday, April 21, 2014

Lap Dog Jeopardy

Akita / PITBULL / Terrier, the legend on the cage
the middle breed stood out in sharp relief.
The shelter gave him A+, great with kids and other pets
a contradiction beyond my belief.

We met him that day anyway, despite my grave concerns
which I gave voice to only tacitly.
When he came in he made it clear the breed they did not say
was double XL lap dog wannabe.

At sixty five or better pounds he was a little large
to situate himself upon my lap.
He gave it the all college try and before very long
two thirds of him was comfortably at home.

Face to face and eye to eye my worries disappeared
truth is there was room for only one
concern resulting from his singular pit love attack
the fear of drowning from his lapping tongue.

So he came home that very day, my brown eye, blue eye, pirate dog
a vict'ry lap around the yard he zoomed
There's one remaining answer. Alex, Pit bulls for 2k.
It's me by Duke when asked, "who rescued whom?"

No comments:

Post a Comment