Sunday, April 27, 2014

Ghazal From Afar

April 30th Challenge (Free at last! ... Now what are we gonna do?)

Can you see me? Transparent in plain sight. Wishing from afar.
Can you hear me? Speechless in the spot light. Wishing from afar.

Digging with impunity through toxic spoils of hate and war.
Can you forgive? At the tiller less sight. Wishing from afar.

Hoarding massive stores of wealth though neighbor's children go hungry.
Can you save me? Depth of soul is so slight. Wishing from afar.

Building massive ships of war to spread freedom and keep the peace.
Can I open arms and fists? Embrace right. Wishing from afar.

Waiting while my cake is served as masses labor for a crust.
Can I share the burden? Join the good fight. Wishing from afar.

Standing silently while bullies rule with smug entitlement.
Can you arm me? Insecure in the night. Wishing from afar.

Toiling without reason to perpetuate the fog of fear.
Do you need me? Without passion contrite. Wishing from afar.

Writing drivel without substance hoping challenge end is near.
Muse don't hear me. Composing late at night. Wishing from afar.

Falling for the prime distraction prestidigitation flair.
Can I see you? Reaching for the stage sleight. Wishing from afar.

Reaching out to offer comfort taken as a selfish threat.
Do you fear me? Seeing through an old fright. Wishing from afar.

Wanting what I claim I don't. Flirting through a broken veneer.
Will you free me? Self deception too tight. Wishing from afar.

Holding to the moral compass without heed of wanton lust.
Can I trust you? An empty lure, won't bite. Fishing from afar.

Dictating the road of progress though the science is unclear.
Can you see through me? To the path of right. Wishing from afar.

Wanting only to be cherished without pretense without lies.
Can you feel me? Numb with fear the dream will die. Wishing from afar.

Free will Frederick Andrew's illusion of the reality
Can you feel me? Terrified it's right. Wishing from afar.

No comments:

Post a Comment